Friday, December 31, 2010

how to get geocaching waypoins onto your garmin gps?

Question by mileyhappycyrus: how to get geocaching waypoins onto your garmin gps?
I have bought a garmin etrex legend cx mainly for geocaching, but I cant get the waypoints onto my gps I have the gps pluged into the computer and it says no gps found. does anyone have anyideals on what iam doing wrong? or how to fix this problem?

Best answer:

Answer by Semi-Mad Scientist (!)
If I remember correctly, the Legend CX uses a USB connection. If it is properly connected, your computer will let you know. Without knowing specifics, here’s what I’d recommend:

Check to see if your USB port is working with another peripheral.

Be sure the cable is properly plugged in, both to the computer and to the GPSr.

Make sure the GPSr is on.

Try another connecting cable if possible. My GPS Map 76 CSX uses the same cable as my digital camera.

If these don’t work, you might have either a software problem (which I would think odd if other peripherals work) or a hardware problem, which would require technical support from Garmin.

Anyway, should you be able to read the GPSr’s presence, then downloading waypoints shouldn’t be a problem. Either your programme will have the drivers for that or a simple add-on needs to be installed.

Hope that helps.

Add your own answer in the comments!
Bid on the latest Name Brand Merchandise where the price goes down with every bid at Dubli.com



Garmin, geocaching, onto, waypoins

No comments:

Post a Comment