Thursday, January 27, 2011

How can I recover an external drive that has had Coke spilled on it?

Question by Cedric: How can I recover an external drive that has had Coke spilled on it?
I knocked over 1/4 can of coke and some of the liquid landed on my external hard drive (Maxtor 1TB Basics Desktop). I have removed the case and cannot see any liquid, except on the plastic casing (not the drive itself), but my computer is not recognizing the device when connected. What can I do to try and recover it?

Best answer:

Answer by gikstar
You may have shorted out the electrical parts on the case itself. At his point I would get a proper connector (IDE or SATA) and attach the drive to your computer that way.

This is what I use to connect a drive to another computer: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812156102

Hope this helps.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
Bid on the latest Name Brand Merchandise where the price goes down with every bid at Dubli.com



Coke, Drive, External, recover, spilled

No comments:

Post a Comment